Fauna of The Mid North Coast of New South Wales Australia.
This part of the website contains details of the Birds, Reptiles, Mammals, Amphibians and Fish occurring within The Mid North Coast of New South Wales, Australia. Please follow the links above to my image galleries for the various life forms. Please note that the Fish link is a list of all species occurring within the whole of the Mid North Coast.
For full details of the birds please follow the link above. For information concerning the Reptiles, Mammals and Amphibians please use the search the database facility on the BioNet Website, the website for the Atlas of NSW Wildlife published on line by the Department of Environment and Climate Change.
To search the BioNet Database simply follow the steps below;
- Follow the link above to the website
- Click on the Atlas Search tab at the top of the page
- Line 1 select animals
- Line 2 Leave as is
- Line 3 select "Select a geographic area". In the Choose a layer type click on the down arrow, Select LGA and then one of the following;
- Kempsey - This covers the whole of the Macleay Valley Region
- Mid Coast - This covers The Great Lakes, Manning and Gloucester Regions
- Port Macquarie Hastings - The whole of this Region.
- Line 4 Click on the "Submit Search" button
- Once the list comes up, select "show all entities" and then scroll down list.
At line three you can select smaller areas such as National Parks by selecting NPWS layer or State Forests etc, its just a matter of getting to know what each layer type is.
Should you wish to view images on any bird species contained in any of the lists please copy the Scientific Name from the list and go to my image site with Flickr. Alternatively you can use the bird image gallery on the bird page.
If you would like to search for any species of the following life forms that I may have observed, please use the following links to my Images of the Reptiles, Mammals, Amphibians, Spiders, Fish and Insects
© B M Ralley 2017